WORKSHOP: Online, fully interactive.
WORKSHOP LENGTH: The workshop is 7+ hours long, including additional distance learning tasks.
SESSION SCHEDULE: The workshop is spread over two evenings, consisting of three and a half-hour sessions each.
WORKSHOP SIZE: Limited to a maximum of 9 attendees.
PRESENTED BY: Ged Searson, Professional Football Scout.
WHO IS THE WORKSHOP FOR?
This two-day, seven-hour, fully interactive workshop is designed for both new and experienced football scouts, analysts, and coaches who want to enhance their scouting skills and abilities for analyzing opponents. This workshop is for attendees who have already attended our LEVEL 1 and LEVEL 2 – INTERMEDIATE workshops and wish to further develop their tactical scouting and analysis knowledge. It serves as a continuation of the Level 2 – INTERMEDIATE workshop.
Our LEVEL 3 – ADVANCED – Tactical Scouting and Analysis Workshop will teach advanced scouting techniques used at professional football clubs for scouting and analysing set-pieces.
Participants will learn further advanced techniques to assess team defending corners. Building on the Level 2 INTERMEDIATE – Tactical Scouting and Analysis workshop, attendees will learn how to assess the different defending corner systems used by clubs – man-marking, zonal-marking, and mixed marking. They will gain an understanding of the principles of each form of defending corner system, enabling them to identify strengths and weaknesses in team performance.
The workshop also teaches how to observe and assess attacking corners. Participants will learn the principles of attacking corners and the roles and responsibilities of individual players. They will also learn to identify good attacking movements and good techniques employed by individual players when attacking corners, including assessing their ability to create space and attack the ball.
Furthermore, participants will learn how to observe and identify different types of corner deliveries, understanding the importance of assessing the various types of corner deliveries used by players and teams to highlight potential dangers.
The workshop covers identifying strengths and weaknesses in team performance at attacking corners.
Through fully interactive tasks throughout the workshop, participants will be guided through the process of scouting and analysing opponents, as well as compiling their own defending and attacking corner reports to meet the standards used at the highest level.
Upon completion of the workshop, attendees will be presented with a A.F.C.A.S. workshop certificate CIMSPA-accredited
WORKSHOP CONTENT: The workshop will utilize video tasks, group work, homework tasks, and scenario tasks to:
- Learning how to prepare for scouting at a match.
- Gaining scouting hints and tips to assist you during a match.
- Learn advanced set-pieces analysis techniques for assessing defending and attacking corners.
- Understand the different defending corner setups used by teams – Man-marking, Zonal-marking, and Mixed marking.
- Identify team strengths and weaknesses in defending corners and the setups used.
- Understand and assess the individual roles and responsibilities of players in attacking corners.
- Identify different types of corner deliveries and the potential dangers they pose.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in attacking corners.
- Participating in numerous video scouting tasks.
- Engaging in group tasks and discussions.
- Learn how to compile and create tactical scouting reports to the standards of the highest levels of professional football.
- Use video footage to practice creating scout reports during the workshop.
- Homework tasks will be assigned during the workshop to provide further opportunities to apply newly learned skills and receive feedback.
- Participants will receive a scouting pack and software to complete their own scouting reports.