WORKSHOP: Online, fully interactive.
WORKSHOP LENGTH: The workshop is 7+ hours long, including additional distance learning tasks.
SESSION SCHEDULE: The workshop is spread over two evenings, consisting of three and a half hour sessions each.
WORKSHOP SIZE: Limited to a maximum of 9 attendees.
PRESENTED BY: Ged Searson, Professional Football Scout.
WHO IS THE WORKSHOP FOR?
This two-day, seven-hour, fully interactive workshop is designed for scouts, coaches, and agents who have previously attended our LEVEL 1 and LEVEL 2 – INTERMEDIATE workshops and wish to further develop their scouting and recruitment knowledge. This workshop is a continuation of the Level 2 – INTERMEDIATE workshop.
In this online workshop, attendees will further enhance their understanding of the Scouting Process and how Recruitment Departments function through interactive tasks and scenarios encountered while working at a professional football club. The knowledge gained from the Level 1, Level 2 – INTERMEDIATE, and Level 3 – PRO workshops is required to complete the recruitment tasks.
Attendees will learn how to create 360 scout reports, which involve assessing players in their playing positions as well as evaluating their involvement in set-pieces.
They will learn how to assess a player’s deliveries at set-pieces, identifying good and poor deliveries.
Furthermore, attendees will develop the ability to identify and assess players’ involvement in attacking and defending set-pieces, highlighting strengths and weaknesses.
Specialized playing positions will continue to be evaluated and assessed using video tasks to enhance technical understanding and knowledge.
Participants will engage in advanced scenario-based recruitment tasks, including working as part of a recruitment team at an EFL CHAMPIONSHIP Club and making decisions regarding recruitment targets. Attendees will also face scenario tasks as scouts working for a player agency.
Scouting handouts and software will be provided to all participants before and after the workshop, enabling them to complete their own scouting reports using various scouting templates for different assignments.
Upon completion of the workshop, attendees will be presented with a A.F.C.A.S. workshop certificate CIMSPA-accredited.
The workshop will utilize video tasks, group work, homework tasks, and scenario tasks to:
- Assess additional playing positions.
- Assess player performance and set-piece deliveries during a match.
- Observe and evaluate player involvement in attacking and defending set-pieces.
- Create comprehensive 360 Scout Reports.
- Participating in numerous video scouting tasks.
- Engaging in group tasks and discussions.
- Compile scout reports and provide recommendations for a football agency.
- Work as part of the Recruitment Department of an EFL CHAMPIONSHIP Club.
- Compare potential signings.
- Use video footage to practice creating scout reports during the workshop.
- Homework tasks will be assigned to provide further opportunities for you to apply your newly acquired skills and receive feedback during the workshop.